Writing, editing, ghostwriting, photography, interviewing, organizing content on websites; Proficient in PC and MAC OSX, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Microsoft Publisher, Content Management Systems (Kentico, Blogspot, WordPress), HTML formatting, social Media sites (Hootsuite, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Flickr, etc.) Audacity, and Adobe Audition.
Florida Atlantic University Boca Raton, FL.
Bachelor of Arts, Communications and Multimedia Studies, Cum Laude May 2013
Major: Multimedia Journalism GPA: 3.6
Newsmax Media, Inc. Boca Raton, FL Editorial Assistant, Promoted to Editorial Manager and Promoted to Weekend Managing Editor, 2014-2018
- Assigned and copy edited stories, crafted SEO-friendly headlines, uploaded content into a content management system (Kentico), occasionally promoted content on social media.
- Wrote stories in political, national, international, money and health news.
- Handled breaking news stories and quick turnarounds.
- Managed schedules of editorial team, including contracts in conjunction with Human Resources.
- Transcribed TV interviews, worked closely with video team.
- Acted as a liaison between editorial and IT.
- Trained staff on CMS (Kentico).
- Performed quality assurance tests (QA’s) on CMS as needed.
- Monitored site traffic using Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, and ChartBeat to determine story placement on the site.
- Occasionally provided content and tested subject lines for email newsletters.
- Approved content for newsletters advertising products as needed.
Florida Weekly Newspaper Palm Beach Gardens, FL Reporter and Columnist Dec. 2012- Feb. 2014
- Responsible for the “In the Kitchen” column and expanding the cuisine section of the newspaper. “In the Kitchen” explores how and why local chefs and proprietors in Palm Beach County entered the culinary industry.
- Produced content on a weekly basis.
- Maintained relationships with publicists and marketing managers as well as built relationships with local chefs and restaurant owners to ensure quality interviews.
- Enhanced communication skills as well as journalistic skills.
South Florida Journal Fort Lauderdale, FL Writer, Editor and Producer Aug. 2012-May 2013
- South Florida Journal is a radio show that focuses on issues and events affecting citizens in Broward and Palm Beach counties.
- Investigative broadcast reporting which is showcased on FAU Owl Radio weekly.
- Worked with Adobe Audition to produce the program.
- Maintained relationships with city officials for credible interviews on a weekly basis.
Sugar Happens Palm Beach Gardens FL and Nassau, Bahamas Social Media Marketing Manager Dec. 2010-2014
- Responsible for social media marketing including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Retail sales with an emphasis on customer service, food and safety controls.
- Certified in food and safety management by ServSafe®.